A healthy and delicious vegetable side dish can make a great addition to any dinner. Here are seven healthy vegetable side dishes that will have your family asking for more.
Don’t forget to check out the 10 bonus veggie side dishes too, for a total of 17 additions you can add to dinner.
7+ of the Best Vegetable Side Dishes
Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan
Broccoli is a great vegetable to roast because it is simple to prepare, and it comes out tasting delicious. This easy recipe is made by prepping the broccoli ahead of time and then coating it in a mixture of Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. The broccoli is then roasted in the oven until it is tender and slightly charred on the outside. This dish is perfect for a quick and easy side dish for dinner any night of the week.
Garlic Green Beans
There’s something about green beans that just screams comfort food to me. Whether they’re sautéed with garlic or simmered in a simple broth, they always seem to hit the spot. This easy vegetable side dish is perfect for a quick addition to dinner. Just heat some olive oil in a skillet over medium heat with garlic, then cook the green beans until they’re tender, about 15 minutes from start to finish!
Easy Roasted Butternut Squash
This simple side dish is probably the best way to get a delicious side fast! Roasting butternut squash is a great way to enjoy a delicious vegetable without any fuss. The squash is cooked in the oven until it is soft and slightly roasted, making it perfect for a simple and healthy side dish on busy weeknights.
Maple Glazed Carrots
This simple recipe of Maple glazed carrots are a delicious side dish that can be made in minutes. Simply season the carrots (baby carrots or cut whole carrots) with butter, brown sugar and maple syrup, and then cook them in a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat until tender. Serve warm, topped with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt.
Creamy Corn with Bacon
This creamed corn with bacon dish is a great side dish for any meal. The corn is cooked in a creamy sauce with bacon, Parmesan cheese and butter. It is a delicious and easy veggie side dish that everyone in the family will love!
Crispy Fried Shallots
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy vegetable side dish that will impress your guests, try out crispy fried shallots. These little gems are made by coating thinly sliced shallots in a mixture of breadcrumbs and seasoned salt, then frying them until they’re golden brown and crispy. Serve them as a side dish with your favorite protein, or as a snack on their own.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic
Oven roasted brussels sprouts are a perfect side dish to any meal, but they are especially delicious when oven roasted with balsamic vinegar. This recipe is easy to follow and will give your dinner a delicious and healthy side since they are high in fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants.
Bonus Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
- Sweet Potatoes: These cubed sweet potatoes are easy to make and make a yummy side.
- Green Bean Casserole: You can’t go wrong with this classic green bean casserole side from Campbells! Serve with the crispy fried shallots above for an extra kick!
- Simple Spinach Salad: A spinach salad is a healthy side that goes great with any meal, plus, it’s easy to put together too for a last-minute side.
- Cucumber Salad: This fresh veggie side is perfect as a light and refreshing side with dinner.
- Collard Greens: This is a great side that goes perfectly with a protein packed main dish.
- Cabbage Salad: This simple cabbage salad is a great addition to any dinner you have planned.
- Beet Salad: A lightweight beet salad with goat cheese is a perfect for Summer dinners.
- Kale Chips: An easy-to-make side like these garlic kale chips is always perfect for a quick veggie side for dinner (or lunch)!
- Black Bean Salad: The perfect summer side dish since it contains fresh ingredients such as fresh corn, fresh tomato, and more which makes for a flavorful side that the whole family can enjoy.
- Caesar Salad: A fresh Caesar salad is always a good choice as a side for a light, refreshing addition to a meal.
All in all, vegetable side dishes are a great way to add some healthy and delicious options to your dinner menu or main course. I hope you find a few new healthy dinner sides to add to your menu that the entire family will enjoy.
More Food Questions and Recipes
- Does Fudge Go Bad?
- Frugal Dinner Ideas (Easy + Quick)
- Can You Microwave Sour Cream?
- What to Serve With Lasagna (13 Easy Side Dishes)
- The Best Naan Bread Pizza (Quick + Easy)
- How to Make Greek Yogurt Taste Like Sour Cream
- What Are The Best Sandwiches to Serve With French Onion Soup?
- What Are Some Common Types of Quick Breads?